If you’re scheduled to fly on Qantas or Jetstar anytime soon, it’s likely you’ll notice some changes.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Qantas Group has launched their Fly Well program – a series of wellbeing measures at airports and on aircrafts to ensure passenger safety.
From today, a number of wellbeing improvements will be in place.
BEFORE YOU BOARD, YOU CAN EXPECT:
• All passengers will be sent information about what has changed and what they can expect
• Contactless check-in (online or via the app)
• Self-serve bag drop will be strongly encouraged
• Hand sanitising stations at departure gates
• Qantas Lounges will undergo temporary changes, including increased physical distancing, hand sanitising stations, enhanced disinfection of surfaces and changes to food and drink service
• Regular disinfection of security screening points and hygiene screens at some customer service desks.
WHILE ON BOARD A QANTAS OR JETSTAR FLIGHT:
• Masks will be provided to all passengers on each flight (these are not mandatory but are recommended)
• You’ll see enhanced cleaning of the aircraft, with a focus on high contact areas such as seats, seatbelts, overhead lockers, air vents and toilets
• If you’d prefer to wipe down your own seat belt, tray or armrests, crew members will hand out sanitising wipes
• Simplified service and catering
• Once seated, passengers will be asked to limit their movement around the cabin
• Sequenced boarding and disembarkation to minimise crowding.
The risk of catching coronavirus on an aircraft is very low, and based on medical advice, social distancing on Qantas or Jetstar flights is not required.
Qantas and Jetstar are currently increasing the number of flights across their domestic network, with services set to increase to 15 per cent of pre-coronavirus levels by the end of June. And by the end of July, it’s anticipated that the Group may increase to up to 40 per cent of their pre-crisis domestic capacity.
That’s good news for eager travellers wanting to get out and explore more of this beautiful country.